We all know about the mighty facebook, and the rise of “Alexander the Great” , or rather i should replace Facebook with “Mark Zuck”. Alexander the great was an awesome warrior who was on a spree to win the entire world and be the greatest emperor of all times, but in vain it did not happen, so shall we say that similar fate would be awarded to Mark Zuck also.
THE FACEBOOK STORY Today Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) has changed the fate of Internet and so called social media, Today every blogger is writing about it and the hype has gone beyond reaches of any one. Facebook which was started in a small Dorm room of Harvard has taken over the web if not completely then a major part of it. Facebook was not the original concept it was first stolen from Winklevoss twins who were mark’s seniors and also the founders of “Harward Connection”, they got there compensation for the same , which was a whooping amount of $65 millions, awesome money which they might have not dreamt of earning with true potential of “Connect U” but then who cares, we have facebook and they have a claim over it.
This is really ironical that Mark Zuck is a celebrity today but is a cheater at the same time and this is public , Globally all the big media players covered the Trial and settelment between Zuck and Winkelvoss and then came The Social Network movie which did the final damage, today even public knows about this. Its was hard for me to figure out at the end of the movie to determine that who was the good guy or who was the bad guy in the movie, The sympathy was with “Eduardo Saverin” who was a great friend and also the founder member of facebook along with Zuckerberg but was Ducked by him, he was a classic example of back stabbing and the second from Mark Zuck in the tale so far.
Facebook was not a genuine idea anyways as the friendster and Myspace was already there and teens were flocking them so this means the ideation was original but the idea was not. In a same fashion that Colt was the one one who invented Gun but then came engineers who excelled the idea and game us AK-47 , Eduardo Saverin was a great guy according to me and according the script displayed in The Social Network”, he was a true friend, as when the idea of facebook popped up in Mark Zuck’s mind he was the first one whom he discussed the idea with and being a true friend Saverin agreed to the greatness of the idea, well at the age of 19 it was a tough decision to fund any friend’s idea with ones father’s money but Saverin did the same , He was the first ever investor and partner with 30% stake in Facebook however there was no writer clause for the same , but according to me only a true friend can agree to pay you such amount ($18000) without having a plan for revenues, it went ahead for few months and facebook started growing within the campus and then Mark met Sean Parker (Napster.com Fame) and the story changed completely.
Its great to be ambitious and we all are equally ambitions but is it fair to stab someone who is your best friend and someone who gave you wings to fly, imagine if Saverin would have said no to Zuck when he narrated the whole idea he would have never gone ahead with it as Mark was not financially stable to bear the costs on his own and getting the finances only on an idea was truly a herculean task those days, or another fate would have been That Zuck would have gone ahead with Winkelvoss brothers to create Connect U and probably today identified as one of the partners in it. Ha!!! It all sounds weird but this is true, Now imagine if Mark Zuck, Eduardo Saverin and Winkelvoss all were from Dubai (UAE) then the situation would have been like this, keeping the law system of Dubai in mind “an eye for an eye” then after losing the law suit to Winkelvoss, Mark would have been asked to create an equal big idea and give it back to Winkelvoss , isn’t it funny but that should have been the real justice. What is bigger the idea part or the execution part now opens a new debate in my mind, and believe me it’s quite difficult to answer this question.
What do you think about this ?
Now lets Peep what a bit into the major characters of “The Facebook Story” :
Mark Zuckerberg Mark Zuckerberg ( CEO Facebook.com )
- He started facebook on feb 4th, 2004 with his two room mates Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.
- Eduardo Saverin was his fast friend and also CFO of Thefacebook.com and had 30% stake in the company.
- Facebook Got its first funding from paypal founder Peter Thiel.
- Mark Zuckerberg is the most eligible bachelor on the planet earth today.
- Today Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest Richest In the World with highest net worth of more than $2 Billion.
Eduardo Saverin Saverin Eduardo ( CFO thefacebook.com )
- An American of Brazilian descent who is an entrepreneur and co-founder of Facebook.
- Saverin met Mark Zuckerberg during his freshman year and later co-founded Facebook during his sophomore year.
- Saverin drifted away from what was then known as “thefacebook” due to conflict in ideologies with Zuck.
- Saverin sued Zuckerberg and Facebook in April 2005. Saverin won his claim in court to label himself as a co-founder of Facebook along with 5% stake.
- He owns a 5% share of Facebook, worth $2.5 billion USD as of January 4, 2011.
Sean Parker Sean Parker ( Founder Napster.com)
- Sean Parker (born December 3, 1979) is an American internet technology businessman.
- He was a pro software programmer, At 16, he was sentenced to community service for hacking.
- Parker graduated from Oakton High School in Fairfax County, Virginia. He co-founded Napster, a free file-sharing service for music.
- Lawsuits by various industry associations eventually shut down the Napster.
- He became Facebook’s first president receiving 7% of Facebook’s stock.
- In 2006, Parker joined the Founders Fund, a venture capital fund based in San Francisco, as Managing Partner.
Winklevoss Twins Winklevoss Twins ( Founders ConnectU )
- The original idea of College Network was from Winkelvoss twins along with Divya Narendra.
- They named it as “Harvard Connection” which later got a new name as “Connect U”
- Winklevoss twins were Olympic Fame Rowers.
- They approached Mark Zuck to code the entire thing for them.
- The sued Zuck for stealing the idea and setteled the case out of court in 2008 for $65 Million.
- They have again Sued Mark Zuck for the same case however the allegation is The stock Valuation.
So now we have read so much about This Mark Zuck that i am really in dilemma that whose side shall I speak for. What Mark Zuck has done very few has ever achieved , 100s of organisation spent decades to reach a $$$ billion turnover but facebook did this in mere 5 years. People call that the evil will always get punished at the end so lets see what happens to Mark Zuck, if he is an evil guy who cheated on so many then whats his fate in near future. !! Would love to read your comments !!
Courtesy : ACTIVEINDIAN.COM